& Sons was formed in 1907 by Harry Vaughn Bowen trading
with “Horse & Cart”. He then purchased “Dwyrhiew
Mill” in New Mills, Nr Newtown in 1911 and started working
“Tan-y-Foel Quarry” in the 1930s.
He and his wife Mary Jane (pictured left) had four children John,
Tom, Maurice and Doris (Tanner).
The company was carried forward by Harry's sons, until eventually
there was only Tom Bowen & his wife Mary Catherine left in the
business who continued to live on the site at Dwyrhiew Mill where
they brought up there children Haydn & Delyth.
One hundred years on the company is now run by Haydn, his wife Gwyneth
and there son Mark. The company has now expanded to a point where
they employ over thirty people from the local area.
The wealth of knowledge the company has gained over the hundred
years enables the company to stand out from the competition and
to serve the needs of the local community whether it be:-
Fuels, Oil, Animal Feeds, Fertilizer,
Coal, Sand or Cement either collected
or delivered from our Fuel & Agricultural Merchants in Dwyrhiew
Mill, New Mills, Newtown.
Building stone, Road stone, Drainage stone,
Fill material, Ready Mixed concrete or Sand
collected or delivered from Tan-y-foel Quarry, Cefn Coch, Welshpool.